As a small rural business Jamie’s Garden Services is committed to ensuring that the business provides benefits to the local community in the area where it operates within. This is achieved in a number of ways.
Procurement Policy & Local Suppliers Jamie’s Garden Services is committed to:
• Where ever possible using a local supplier for capital and material procurements.
• Preference will always be given to suppliers in the area of operations in the first instance.
• Where this is not possible the second tier of suppliers will be sourced within Powys area and then Wales.
• Where it is not possible to use a Welsh company, a supplier in England will be sourced.
• Jamie’s Garden Services policy is that it does not use internet suppliers that do not have a fixed base that customers can visit in person to do business.
• Local suppliers are always a first choice so that repeat business, on going servicing and repairs can be effected quickly and efficiently.
• This policy benefits other local trades by ensuring that any money paid remains wherever possible within and benefits the local community.
Supporting Local Businesses
Along with the procurement policy Jamie’s Garden Services is committed to supporting other local businesses in the following manner:
• When needing to engage other services to complement the work Jamie’s Garden Services is undertaking.
• Wherever possible other local companies will be engaged or recommended.
• Jamie’s Garden Services also actively works along side other businesses to assist them in securing their aims when fulfilling contracts they are commissioned to undertake.
• Wherever possible Jamie’s Garden Services will use a local training company to further assist the business in moving forward in its aim to broaden the variety of services it can provide to customers.
• This is mutually beneficial to both parties and brings value to the local economy.
Community Initiatives & Benefits
• Jamie’s Garden Services has the view that as it operates in a close nit rural area, it is therefore part of that community and should be seen to be putting something back into the local community.
• Through the general nature of the work that the business undertakes, this does help to improve the visual aspect of the area when working for many of the customers.
• Further to this Jamie’s Garden Services has also assisted in a number of community projects on an unpaid basis. This brings further benefit to the local community and has helped to create pleasing environmental aspects for the local residents. (Please See Case Study Information Below)
Community Employment Benefits
• At this stage Jamie’s Garden Service does not employ any other staff. However I predict that this will change as the business develops.
• To achieve business growth staff will need to be taken on or hired in and this will further benefit the local community.
• Any employee that is taken on from the local area will probably require some training if they are entering employment from a disadvantaged skills position.
• A local training provider might be engaged to provide the relevant skills training and qualifications if required.
• Any employment opportunities or hired assistance will help towards supporting the local economy.
• Jamie’s Garden Service adheres to Anti Slavery, Equality and Diversity Laws in relation to employment, hired staff or when working along side or in partnership with other contractors.
Promoting Environmental Benefits
• Jamie’s Garden Service works is an area of outstanding natural beauty and as such is very appreciative of the impact that it has on the natural environment.
• The majority of the work undertaken is within a close radius of its base location and continually strives to keep its green foot-print to a minimum.
• Where ever possible any waste created when undertaking various tasks is recycled where ever possible. ie; - Cut grass is mulched to feed fresh growth. - Hedge cuttings are chipped to feed nitrate to the hedges it has come from. - Green waste that is removed from site is recycled through the local authority Waste recycling centres.
Signed: Jamie Jones
Position: Managing Director
(Jamie’s Garden Services)
All website content and images are Copyright © 2021 Jamie's Garden Services - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder